function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LSKozLSKoz 

Force.com Migration Tool and Dependencies

We are attempting to deploy a large package across to another organization using ANT but we are having an issue with dependencies. When one component is saved to the server, the next is required so it returns errors on absolutely everything. We have circular dependences on everything so we cannot just deploy one series of components then deploy another (For example, custom objects then custom fields).

Does anybody have any ideas on how to deploy large packages? We get errors like these (but across all components types):

Error: pages/SendEmail.page<SendEmail>:Apex class 'clsTools' does not exist.
Error: pages/Settings.page<Settings>:Apex class 'clsTools' does not exist.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

These type of error comes when we skip any partivular property ( meta Data like custom field, object etc) which is being used in any class and thne associated page will be indirectly dependent over it.

Way 1. You can use change set where Salesforce tell you dependencies before deploying components. 

Way 2. You need to manually add required on each fialiur of deployment with ANT.

LSKozLSKoz
I think it might have something to do with the heavy use of namespacing within the code. I am attempting to remove all the namespacing and try again.

In the mean time I came across another issue with a deprecated method within a global class. I cannot remove the deprecated property or undeprecate it but the migration tool is giving me errors to do with migrating deprecated properties over to another org.

Any ideas on this one?
joeliojoelio

Can you explain what you mean by #2?  Please give an example?

thanks

Joel

LSKozLSKoz
It's a lot easier getting the entire package as a whole and deploy it rather than use component selection.

You have to ensure you find the first error in the list and go by that. Correct the error and you should find yourself succeeding.

With deprecated properties, I simply correct it on the local machine before deploying it.

I can now migrate code in 5 minutes which is handy.