function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bitHeadbitHead 

Overview on Salesforce CTI Toolkit set-up for development

Hello !

I've recently been tasked with integrating a clients CTI (phone system) into Salesforce, in a .Net development environment, and I'm trying to sift through the instructions, so I thought maybe someone could "nutshell" it for me, and let me know if I'm off on anything so far !

I downloaded the CTI Toolkit, and added (copied) the DemoAdaptor project over to my solution and did a build. The bin directory wthin BrowserConnector has the generated connector .exe. When I run it, I get the red Salesforce.com icon in the tray, and the right-click menu gives me options for Logging and About, but no further configuration items, so I assume I'm done. I also assume that when I did the build it captured whatever localhost information it needed, and will be good as is.

I logged into the Salesforce website (https://login.salesforce.com) using the URL and credentials I got in my welcome email, which seems to be a developers instance of what would be used in a real-world install. I figured out how to create a Call Center, and import the DemoAdapter.xml that is associated with my local project build. I then did the Manage Call Center Users thing and added myself as a user to it. My phone number is associated with my profile, so I assume that's the number magic would happen against.

If I'm off on anything required to get the basics up and running at this point, please advise...

If I'm correct so far, how do I test it ?

Thanks,

bitHead