function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lz123lz123 

How to update viewStat for an article

I'm quite new to Salesforce development. I'm trying to create a customized customer portal webpage for Knowledge Articles.

Functionality very similiar to the 'Articles' Tab in standard Salesforce.

I would like to update the article ViewStats whenever a user read an article.Then, I would like to show most viewed by all users for an article using NormalizedScore for the article viewstats.

I have tried using the soql to update an article viewStat as below, but I'm getting an error saying that 'UPDATE VIEWSTAT is not enabled in this organization'.

Select UrlName, Title, Summary, Resolution__c, Nature_of_Issue__c, KnowledgeArticleId, ArticleType, ArticleNumber, LastModifiedDate From Customer_Issue__kav where id = 'ka0i00000005VPKAA2' UPDATE VIEWSTAT

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
It's still new (and not available in all orgs). Make sure your developer account is in Summer '13 (has the new logo with the pinwheels), not the flowers. If not, wait until the upgrade.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
It's still new (and not available in all orgs). Make sure your developer account is in Summer '13 (has the new logo with the pinwheels), not the flowers. If not, wait until the upgrade.
This was selected as the best answer
lz123lz123

Yes, I was using an older version of salesforce earlier with Flower logo.
I tried the same soql query on summer 2013. It works.

Thanks so much!