function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sushmaiyer2@gmail.comsushmaiyer2@gmail.com 

Need to make Fields Read Only

Hi All,

I have a two field which i need to make Read Only ,so i changed the fieldlevel security and checked the checkbox for Read Only and also in Page Layout checked the checkbox for Read Only and saved both,but still i am able to edit those field...:(

Please Kindly Help and Guide.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AroraAnupAroraAnup

Are you testing this as a Standard user or as a System Administrator? It looks like you are testing it using a System Admin profile. 

Do take note that Sys Admin profile has a permission for "Edit Read Only fields", which is why they can edit/modify fields that are set as READ ONLY using Field Level Security and/or Page Layout. 

Would encourage you to check your profile and see if this permission is checked on or not. 

Hope this helps!

All Answers

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Are you testing this as a Standard user or as a System Administrator? It looks like you are testing it using a System Admin profile. 

Do take note that Sys Admin profile has a permission for "Edit Read Only fields", which is why they can edit/modify fields that are set as READ ONLY using Field Level Security and/or Page Layout. 

Would encourage you to check your profile and see if this permission is checked on or not. 

Hope this helps!

This was selected as the best answer
gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi,

Please check the profile with which you are logged in. You will find there "Edit Read Only Permissons" Uncheck that . Then , you will not be able to edit those field.

If you are using standard profile then I would suggest that make a clone of that profile and then remove the permissons as the Standard Profile are not editable.

Important :

Hit Kudos [Star Aside this Post] if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You .