function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Benj BayfieldBenj Bayfield 

Deploying field permissions on standard objects

I have a simple package which will shortly be going for security review for the appexchange.

All of the interactivity is with the standard fields on Lead/Contact/Account objects, but I need to make sure those fields are accessible for the user.

I tried adding a Permission Set with the required permissions in it, but that doesn't seem to bring the permissions over when installed.

What's the best way to do this?

Saurabh DuaSaurabh Dua

Add a script to the package and ask the administrator to run the script after installing the package. 

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

did You include permission set in package it self. if you did then there is no need to worry about permissions and one more thing if packge is managed then you can not edit that permission set after installation.

That's another installation step, which I was hoping to avoid if at all possible. Can it not be in the package somehow?

I did indeed include the permission set, but it seems that permissions on the standard objects don't get included in the package, only custom object permissions, so it doesn't help.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I think if you add permission set i package then permission only gets transffered if all related object are included in package. please chek this also