function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ck2ck2 

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY possible on hitting API usage limit?

If I run out of API Requests, is it possible that my queries (in this case, a PATCH to /services/data/v20.0/sobjects/notes) might fail with INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, or would that give a different error message?

The docs simply say:

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY You can't perform the specified action because you do not have sufficient permissions.

Does "sufficient permissions" include API exhaustion, or is it specifically about object permissions?

Going through my logs, I noticed that we hit the API Usage limit same day that we saw a rash of these errors. Are they related, or do I have two problems?

Thanks,

-ck

ManoharSFManoharSF

CK, may i know which API and which sobject you are trying to access?

ck2ck2

Manohar -

Exact request was to:

https://na15.salesforce.com/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/note/<noteid>?_HttpMethod=PATCH

where '<noteId> was the identifier of the note that the request was trying to update the contents of.

Thanks,

-CK

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Are you using this in webservice ?

ManoharSFManoharSF
Since this is standard object, what I experienced is if you are using partner wsdl then query and update operations are not allowed on standard objects.
ck2ck2

Using this in the REST API. This REST update request normally works just fine.

To clarify: my question is not what this error means or how it occurs. I'm asking if running into the API limit might cause this REST call to return this error when it otherwise wouldn't.

Thanks,

-CK