function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunbeam11Sunbeam11 

Are usernames unique across all salesforce.com orgs?

Hello,

I am assuming that SFDC usernames are unique acorss all org.

That said, Is following scenario even possible ?

On a Personal Developer Edition Org I have a user name - john.smith@company.com 

on a Dev box (test.salesforce.com) for a client, I also have same username -  john.smith@company.com

Keep in mind I am not talking about the portal user name. These 2 are SFDC platform licensed users.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

IIRC, the username namespace for production & sandbox are different, i.e. you can't have the same username on NA1 & NA2, or CS1 and CS2, but you can have the same username on NA1 & CS1.

All Answers

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

User Name can not be duplicated.

SuperfellSuperfell

IIRC, the username namespace for production & sandbox are different, i.e. you can't have the same username on NA1 & NA2, or CS1 and CS2, but you can have the same username on NA1 & CS1.

This was selected as the best answer
Sunbeam11Sunbeam11

Thanks Simon, this means usernames are not unique when you look at Production + Sandbox as a whole.

This clarifies my scenario which I just ran into.

I submitted a code quailty check request (SFDC code scanner) for a sandbox environment but it ended up running on my DE org because usernames are same in both org. The scanner only asks for username but there is no way to mention in the request that this is for sandbox or production org.