function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dan.edwards61.ax837dan.edwards61.ax837 

Questions on CTI Connector saving Caller ID info in Task.

My CTI Connector works great when an incoming call matches a contact or account.  The task is linked to the contact and all is good.  

The problem I'm having is when a call does not match, there is no record of the phone number in the task object.  

My first attempt to fix this was to set the subject line of the task, which works, but SFDC does not recognize this as a phone number, so there is no 'click-to-dial' option.

My second attempt was to try and set the Phone field when I created the object, but that throws an error from when I attempt to reference the "Phone" item.

My questions are:

1) Is there a best practice here for this?  It would be great to have a click-to-dial option to return the call from somebody not in the system.

2) The format of the call subject is initially loaded from a localization context.  I would like to benefit from the localization, but I don't know where I change that format within SFDC.  The fiield is called CallLogTaskSubject.

Thank you.

Richard Rodriguez 1Richard Rodriguez 1
I was just wondering if any progress was made on this? I've got the same issue where I need to record the Caller ID, even if it doesn't find a match in the system.

How were you able to add the Caller ID to the Subject of the Task? That would be enough for me.

Thanks.