+ Start a Discussion
CaptainObviousCaptainObvious 

Spring '10 - Changing Opportunity Stage does not update probability?

A number of our users are reporting that changing the Opportunity Stage does not update the Probability %.

 

The culprit seems to be the salesforce javascript that is called when a change is made to the stage:

 

Error: pl.oppo.pct is null or not an object

 

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Message Edited by CaptainObvious on 03-09-2010 12:21 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jsunjsun

Try clearing your cache and cookies:

 

Internet Explorer 6: Tools - Internet Options. On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button. Then, click Delete Cookies button. Close and RESTART your browser.

Internet Explorer 7: Tools - Delete Browsing History, then select Delete Files, Delete Cookies and Delete History. Then close and RESTART your browser.

Internet Explorer 8: Tools – Delete Browsing History, then select Delete Files, Delete Cookies and Delete History. Make sure "Preserve Favorites website data" is not selected. Then close and RESTART your browser.

In Firefox: Tools – Clear Private Data, then select Browsing & Download History, Cookies, and Cache. Then close and RESTART your browser.

All Answers

JKSFDCJKSFDC

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this!

 

I also have several users who are encountering this problem.  The workaround we have come up with is to manually update the probability % and change the Forecast Category to whatever applies.  This is allowing them to update, but I still haven't figured out what's causing it, or why it's only affecting a few users. 

brownalbrownal

I've got a few users reporting this, along with the Forecast Category not updating as well. Both users on IE7. If they switch to firefox, no problem.

 

The only thing I can think of is both users reporting the problem were at a hotel last week, which I'm assuming changed a random setting in IE when they logged in to the hotel wireless. Seems far fetched, but it's the only thing I can think of.

 

I opened a case with SFDC, will post results.

jsunjsun

Try clearing your cache and cookies:

 

Internet Explorer 6: Tools - Internet Options. On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button. Then, click Delete Cookies button. Close and RESTART your browser.

Internet Explorer 7: Tools - Delete Browsing History, then select Delete Files, Delete Cookies and Delete History. Then close and RESTART your browser.

Internet Explorer 8: Tools – Delete Browsing History, then select Delete Files, Delete Cookies and Delete History. Make sure "Preserve Favorites website data" is not selected. Then close and RESTART your browser.

In Firefox: Tools – Clear Private Data, then select Browsing & Download History, Cookies, and Cache. Then close and RESTART your browser.

This was selected as the best answer
brownalbrownal

Yup, that did it!

 

Thanks jsun