function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
danaledanale 

Updated October 2011: Please read before announcing your events and launches here!

Updated 10/27/2011

Due to too many mis-posted threads here, I'm going to ask for bona-fide announcments that you precede your title with a categorization: "Webinar:", "Product Release: ", "Networking: " or "Event: ". E.g., "Webinar: Build data-rich websites with Siteforce".

If you have another category of announcement that should be included email me and let me know (dle@salesforce.com). I'm trying to cut down on the misposts to Announcements. 

IF YOU POST WITHOUT AN ANNOUNCEMENT CATEGORY I WILL DELETE YOUR POSTING. Moderators are spending too much time moving threads around.

Thanks!

Hey community pals,

We conferred about this and decided to open up the Announcements board to the entire community. To be clear, please only post your announcements that would be of interest to the Developer Force community, such as developer-focused events and product launches.

Please don't abuse the privilege and only post items of interest. Thank you!

d3developerd3developer

What qualifies as a product launch? Any new listing on the AppExchange or available managed package?

danaledanale

Good question, and thanks for asking for clarification. I think a new listing on the AppExchange or package would be okay to list. If you have a bunch of new listings, please group them together in one post. Also, please don't list a new announcement for updates -- that's too granular.

We want to avoid the Anouncements board getting too cluttered, so if having AppExchange and package listings gets to be too much then we'll rethink this policy.

Thanks!

TBrownJCSITBrownJCSI

Danale- 

I'd like to promote an IRC community of which I am a part.  Would this be the place to do so?  It's technically not an event, but it's an unofficial (obviously) resource for SF devs and admins.  If not, could you let me know where would be a good place to generate some awareness?

-TBrown

danaledanale

Hi TBrown,

Thanks for asking! Go ahead and post information about your resource here, I think this is probably the most appropriate place in the forums to do so.

Cheers,

Dana

Christopher_Alun_LewisChristopher_Alun_Lewis

Hello Developer Force community,

UK based cloud consultancy Desynit are setting up a networking group for Salesforce.com professionals in the South West. Come to our first free event in Bristol on the 24th November 2011, 6pm. Go to our Eventbrite page to register.