function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DFDF 

Send an Email button (on the tasks related list) for custom objects.

So I've done some searching and this seems to be a fairly common problem. I am in fact under the impression that there is no easy fix. Any guidance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

In a nutshell:

I created a custom object to represent certain types of clients. I cannot however send them an email directly from the records send an email button. The task looks for a contact and does not accept an arbitrary email address in its "to" field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
*werewolf**werewolf*

If you read down the comments of that blog post (which are admittedly rather extensive), you'll find that what you'll need to do is leave To: blank and use Additional To: instead, whose parameter is p24.

All Answers

*werewolf**werewolf*

This blog post can help you put an email address of your choosing in the Additional To box.

DFDF

Thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure this is going to help accomplish what I wanted. I play around with URL parameters. The example is for contacts, which are already supported as an accepted value for the "to" field. The "to" field on the send an email button expects a contact as its source not a string containing an email address.

So still stuck on this issue and its becoming quite disheartening =(

*werewolf**werewolf*

If you read down the comments of that blog post (which are admittedly rather extensive), you'll find that what you'll need to do is leave To: blank and use Additional To: instead, whose parameter is p24.

This was selected as the best answer
DFDF

Wow that worked and I can't even begin to tell you how appreciative I am for your help.

thanks sooo much!

SayaSaya

@DF,i have followed the post but am stl not able to do it,kindly post your javascript code i see how it looks like.Thnks!