function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JimPJimP 

CTI password encryption error

Some CTI users are having problems with cached passwords. Those who have a problem have this in their log files:

02/07/2011 11:48:18: CCTIAppExchange::LaunchSaveUserParamsThread: Unable to get encryption code from OfflineCode servlet.  Could not encrypt password.

From the code, this appears to be an error returned after an HTTP transaction via COM, and this log line is in fact incorrect - it should read 'Could not decrypt password'. A cut and paste error from elsewhere in the code I think.

There seem to be some users who have this problem and some who do not. The service works fine for them in all other respects. The upshot is that they end up having to reenter their password each time, as the un-decrypted password is placed in the password field in the login form.

Has anyone else come across this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
*werewolf**werewolf*

That's the first I've heard of this type of issue.  You might log a case with Salesforce.com about this (although to be honest, I'd fully expect Salesforce.com Support to throw up their hands at it because this type of issue is very esoteric.

Another thing: you could code around it if you want by filling the login fields yourself after it's been rendered, I.e. store the fields in the registry or something after a successful login.

All Answers

*werewolf**werewolf*

That's the first I've heard of this type of issue.  You might log a case with Salesforce.com about this (although to be honest, I'd fully expect Salesforce.com Support to throw up their hands at it because this type of issue is very esoteric.

Another thing: you could code around it if you want by filling the login fields yourself after it's been rendered, I.e. store the fields in the registry or something after a successful login.

This was selected as the best answer
JimPJimP

Thanks, I'll try that. I am going to add some debug anyway to see if anything obvious is amiss, such as buggy handling of the session ID, and I will post a message if I find anything.