function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lloyd.powelllloyd.powell 

IDE Download - Authentication Fail

Hi,

I'm having an issues downloading the IDE for salesforce. I have tried both methods of retrieving the IDE (Standalone and plugin) and for each case the following occurs:

I click on the link of the specific installer that I would like to download, a form appears requesting a authentication, I insert my username (in the e-mail form) and password, but it seems unsuccessful, I keep receiving the authentication request over and over without any success.

I thought I would attempt the Eclipse plug-in method. So I installed eclipse and java etc. and selected Help / Install New Software, entered in all the fields, as described in the Quick Setup documentation, but then receive the message:

"Authentication failed for http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/."

It appears I'm being stung by authentication for both methods, has anyone else had this issue that may know of a workaround?

Thanks

richasaborichasabo

I am also having similiar issues suddenly.

sebcossebcos

Hi,

I have just successfully downloaded the installation file for standalone application. I am using both Firefox and Chrome on a Mac. 

lloyd.powelllloyd.powell

It's working now. Must've been a temporary authentication issue with the website.

Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_
Sorry about that - I was making some web changes and inadvertently changed something I shouldn't have.
djimdjim

Hi, I think it is happening again