function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DataboyDataboy 

General questions about salesforce and migration

I have some random question.

1. Does the Saleforce (SF) databas use primary key, foreign key and constraint in the tables?

2. What standard of datatype does SF use?

3. Does SF use predicted table and its column and datatype as standard in every SF database? If yes, is it possible to add additional column in the table(s)?

4. I have heard that MS CRM 4.0's standard of table, column and its datatype is the same for SF'S database, is it true?

5. The application "Apex Data Loader", can you use it for staging process?

AmitSahuAmitSahu
Sf database is an object model,where tables in other database refers to objects in salesforce and columns are fields.
1/ yes

2.datatypes are almost same as sql or any other database refere to platform fundamentals document for further info.
3. Not getting the question.
4.structure may be true[have not seen the ms crm table] but you can map filds from both the products.
5. Apex Data Loader is bulk data upload /download tool for salesforce. You can extract,insert,update,delete data in bulk from sfdc using this tool.
DataboyDataboy

3. If I understod correctly based on your previous answers, the SF:s database is standard with tables and columns. My question is if it possible to add more column in the tables?

5. "Apex Data Loader is bulk data upload /download tool for salesforce. You can extract,insert,update,delete data in bulk from sfdc using this tool. " Is it possible to use Apex Data Loader to convert data from int to big int, merge 2 column into one column?

6. Is it possible to use sql code only, without any ETL tool, to make transaction from CRM 4.0 to SalesForce?

AmitSahuAmitSahu

3. Yes, you can add upto 500 Fields (columns) to a custom object.

5. No, Data Loader will not let you convert any data type. It just pulls /pushes data in form of text using CSV files.

6. No, You cannot use just SQL queries to do this transaction.

DataboyDataboy

Is it possible to use Microsoft's integration service as a ETL tool to load the data to the SF's database?

AmitSahuAmitSahu

No. The Microsoft Integration Service cannot connect to cloud data sources. It can only connect to normal data sources.