function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdc_syedsfdc_syed 

It is possible to take a database for backup in salesforce?

Hi Guys

It is possible to take a database for backup in salesforce?if it is possible then kindly let me know.

Thanks

IspitaIspita

Hi Syed ,

What is your requirement? is it to backup the data at regular interval? If yes, you can try the following depending upon the org and edition of salesforce you are using:-

• There is an export functionality in salesforce which exports all the data of salesforce you can use that.
  • Also if you are used to using "Dataloader" you can utilize that to take backups by exporting data at regular intervals.
  • Also creating a full sandbox is an excellent way of taking a copy of your org + data in it and it can be refreshed at regular intervals to ensure the latest is backed up.

Hope this helps....

Murray MoceriMurray Moceri

Hi Syed,

User error is the greatest cause of data loss so you're wise to be thinking about a backup. As Ispita points out there are a number of options available depending on your edition. Enterprise and Unlimited Editions have API access so you can use the weekly export feature or data loader as Ipsita points out, but I don't beleive that's an option for the Group and Pro editions. 

If you want a daily backup then you might try CloudAlly. We provide automated daily backups of Salesforce, Chatter and Google Apps to unlimited Amazon S3 secure storage. We use the Aloha token for SFDC backups, which allows us to backup Group, Pro, Enterprise and Unlimited Editions.

You can activate a complete organizational daily backup with a few simple clicks, and your daily archives are retained for as long as you maintain your CloudAlly subscription so you can recover data from any point in time. Our clients find that this not only provides daily backups for business continuity planning, but also eliminates the manually intensive tasks of exporting data and storing locally.

Sign-up for a free 15-day trial (no credit card required) at www.cloudally.com  and take it for a spin. Ispita, I hope you will take a look as well.  Thanks! 

Murray Moceri

Marketing Director, CloudAlly