function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
subaasubaa 

Field Update is not working for a Workflow Rule

Hi,

Is there any specific setting to enable field update through Workflow rule for a profile? I created a Workflow rule to update Owner Id field value of standard objects, when it created or edited. But it is not working.

FYI. I able to change the Owner Id field when the record is created.

Can any one help me, where should I change the setting to enable this?

Regards,

SuBaa

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
subaasubaa

Hi,

I changed the rule criteria from 'criteria are met' to 'formula evaluates to true' and used the NOT CONTAINS function to compare the current Owner id with expected one and do the rest accordingly. Now I able to avoid the field update if it was already overwritten in the previous workflow function of the same record.

Regards,

SuBaa

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can execute a workflow based on profile id, as you can write a condition on rule criteria in workflow in the context of current user profile, you can provide current user profile criteria in the rule criteria .

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

subaasubaa

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It is not profile based rule. I just asked, whether any setting to be done in that user's profile to enable the ownerid (or any) field update, when the record is edited.

Now, I changed the worklow with rule, 'Only when a record is created or edited' and tested. It is working now. But this will be executed for any update even after the owner id had changed to required user in previous update. We dont want this approach.

Hope you understand my point.

Regards,

SuBaa

subaasubaa

Hi,

I changed the rule criteria from 'criteria are met' to 'formula evaluates to true' and used the NOT CONTAINS function to compare the current Owner id with expected one and do the rest accordingly. Now I able to avoid the field update if it was already overwritten in the previous workflow function of the same record.

Regards,

SuBaa

This was selected as the best answer