function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sfdc profSfdc prof 

Removing Duplicate Products from Salesforce.

Hi guys,

I got some work related to removing duplicate prduct entries from Salesforce org, complete scenario as,

We had created to custom priceboks called Australia and NewZealand and seperatly inserted products in the same.

later we come to know that, there are many products which are actually same but get created seperatly for each of the pricebook(As u all aware that single product can exist in multiple pricebook). so I want to removed this duplicated products.

Main problem is that, the salesforce environment is Live, and there are lot more opportunities having references to this products, so I can't directly delete this products.

So is there any solution for this problem

Thanks in advance.

regards.

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Hello,

I do believe that there is a ID behind the product.

1) Determine which product you will keep

2) Run a report on Opps and filter in on the product

3) Update all records with the previous value to the new value using the data loader

4) Then you can delete the old product

I checked the reports "Opps W/ products" and it does not provide the Product ID as a reportable field. I would suggest updating the product name with an X at the end for the one you decide to delete. Something so that you can identify which ones will need to be replaced with the new ID.

Its not terribly hard but it is cumbersome...

Hope that helps,

PB

Martin LöfflerMartin Löffler

I tried changing the IDs on the OpportunityLineItems via DataLoader, but I can´t update the productID, so it´s seems impossible to solve this issue via Dataloader.

Something changed since 2011 regarding this problem?