function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

Confused about Dashboard Visibility in Force.com

I was troubleshooting some dashboard visibility issues in an Force.com edition and I came across this statement in Help & Training that confused me:

Note:

"Users with a Salesforce Platform or Salesforce Platform One user license can only view a dashboard if the dashboard running user also has the same license type. Consider creating separate dashboards for users with different license types."

So if an org has 1 Admin license and that Admin is the primary person that builds report and dashboards for the broader user group, does that mean they can NEVER be the running user and it ALWAYS has to be someone else?  Also, if a manager has a full platform license, and writes reports for his staff, who are on 1-App, the manager can't be the running user?  

This seems a little cumbersome, but am I interpreting this correctly?

IspitaIspita

The idea of "Running User" is to assign someone as a running user such that alll users whom you intent to see the dashboard, so that the user with lowest access rights can see it.

Hence if there is only 1 admin user and you wish all to be able to view the dashboard the running user can never be the adnmin.

Hope this helps....