function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sales4cesales4ce 

Any app for account goal planning

Hi,

we have a need for a goal planning on a account. Is there any App already available for this need.

Use Case: Account Manager's can plan on their accounts (Like No of visits they make to a customer) and any related activities track their progress and display on the account .

example: i plan to visit Customer X for 15 times. Any activities related to visits should reduce the count and show the progress.

if this needs a Apex/VF solution , can any one help me design this.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

IspitaIspita

Hi,

I am sure of any ready - made apps, but yes through apex and visual force one can achieve almost anything. If you pronounce your requirements in clear terms - pointers can be provided on how to proceed on this.

Hope this helps...

sales4cesales4ce

Thanks!.

Use Case:

1) Ability to Plan goals on an account. When on an Account, ability to add one or more than one goal(s).

Goal would have the following:

Goal (Text ),

Start Date,

End Date,

Status( Open, In progress, Achieved, Not Achieved),

comments ( When status is set to Achieved or Not Achieved, they need to fill the comments).

2) Activity Tracking against the Goals.  Customize the "Log a Call" to include the following:

1) Ability to add multiple products that they talk as part of their call.

2) Ability to add multiple contacts as part of their call. ( Today we can only add one contact)

3) Ability to capture competitive pricing information.

4) Ability to add "Action Items" , which creates a follow up task(s)

5) Ability to add "Next Meetings" which creates a Calendar event(s).

6) Finally, link their goal to this activity.

I hope i could articulate properly. If any pointers could be provided in designing this would be of great help.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

IspitaIspita

Hi,

As far the first requirement is concerned it is easy to implement by creating a custom child obkject of account (master-detail) for goal capturing 

But the second requirement is bit tricky in some facets ` see my analysis below:-

1) Ability to add multiple products that they talk as part of their call. - which will involve adding a child object but one cannot have lookup to activity or also 1 cannot add lookup fields to activity or task object.

2) Ability to add multiple contacts as part of their call. ( Today we can only add one contact) - This too cannot be done in a straight forward manner as you cannot add lookup fields to activity/task - you can store contact ids as text in a custom field though

3) Ability to capture competitive pricing information.- this you can do as you can add currency or text based custom fields in task/ activity

4) Ability to add "Action Items" , which creates a follow up task(s) - You can use followup tasks for that

5) Ability to add "Next Meetings" which creates a Calendar event(s).  need to explore this

6) Finally, link their goal to this activity - Though  What id this  can be done

Hope this helps....

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The way that we've handled customizing the "log a call" activity is to create another sobject that essentially wraps the activity.  This allows things like custom lookups etc to be achieved.  The activity is related to the custom object, which is then related to the account etc.  The downside is that you need to have a separate lookup field for each sobject (account etc) as you don't have the capability to create polymorphic lookups that would work in the same way as the relatedto on the activity.

sales4cesales4ce

Thanks for the reply.

Bob, can you provide me an example  ( High level) on how to wrap the activity?

Thanks,

Sales4ce

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Its simply a custom object - rather than creating an activity on the account, you create it on the custom object.  It can be useful to pull the information up from the activity via Apex triggers when it is created to make the custom object more representative of the actual activity.