function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rakesh KumarRakesh Kumar 

Use of Plural label during Custom object creation

Hi Techies,

I am getting some problem during SFDC Plural label creation.Actually some time this input plural label is display but sometime it disappear.

I don't know exact problem of appear and disappear of this input field. If plural label is disappear and your custom object will be create then Deployment time it will create problem and display some error like

"Must specify a non-empty plural label for the CustomObject "

Please help me why it appear/disappear. Even i have latest version of Salesforce/Force.com.

Thanks in Advance

Rakesh

IspitaIspita

Hi,

Is it that once you define an object and specify the plurals property still it disappears from the system?

Is that what is happening?

Rakesh KumarRakesh Kumar

Hi Ispita,

This plurals property is not available when i am trying to Create new Custom Object. But Pre-created Custom object is displaying display label and Plural label.

I dont know why it is?

I hope you can understand my problem.

Thanks

Rakesh

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

It may cause of your navigation environment (Browser) or your salesforce version issue.

Please try another browser and let me know.

IspitaIspita

Hi,

So it means  you create your new custom object , you dont see a screen similar to the one below? If that is the case you need to create a support case with salesforce for resolution of this as then it seems its an org specific issue.

Custom Object Information:

The singular and plural labels are used in tabs, page layouts, and reports.
*Label

Example:  Account
*Plural Label

Example:  Accounts
Starts with vowel sound  

The Object Name is used when referencing the object via the API.
*Object Name

Example:  Account
Rakesh KumarRakesh Kumar

Hi,

I have checked it on IE-9 and FF-8 version. But nothing is going to change.

I can't able to get input plurals property when i try to create new Custom object.

My Sales force verion is latest winter12  and Edition is unlimited Edition.

Thanks

Rakesh

Rakesh KumarRakesh Kumar

Hi,

You are right i can't able to see as you sent me format of Custom object. Except plurals property i can get all input field.

How can i solve it do you have any idea? Please tell me if you know about it.

Thanks

rakesh

IspitaIspita

Hi,

As this is unexpected bahaviour the best people to help will be salesforce through a support case created in your org. When you open help page there is a link for "My Cases" create a new case there and they will resolve the issue faced by you..

Hope this helps...

Rakesh KumarRakesh Kumar

Hi Ispita,

Thank you very much for help.i try to post my problem on salesforce support but in this time support service is unavailable according to message.

I will try next time and directly put my problem to SFDC person. May be they can understand it and try to solve my problem.

Thanks again

Rakesh

IspitaIspita

Anytime ... just once your problem is resolved let me know what was the cause of the issue.

Salesforce support is quite robust .... Dont worry you will be in safe hands ... :)

Rakesh KumarRakesh Kumar

sure !!

Pault.ax256Pault.ax256

No sure if you got a solution to this or not.  If your system company default language is a language that does not use plurals then they won't get a plural option (Company Profile -> Company Information -> Default Language.

Mine is set to Thai (no plurals) - even though I am an admin and my language is English, I won't get the plural options.  I tried setting the company language to Engish to test this and now I am getting them.

Marcus BagshawMarcus Bagshaw
Thanks Pault.ax256 -- this worked for me.
yeongju yun 5yeongju yun 5
Thanks a lot Pault.ax256, it was really helpful!
Jeong Hwan LeeJeong Hwan Lee
Thanks a lot Pault.ax256, it was really helpful!