function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
softectonicsoftectonic 

Master-Detail Relationship Data Type Radio Button Disabled

Hello,

I need to change Account__c relatioship field on my custom object from Lookup to Master-Detail Relationship Data Type. But the radio button selection for Master-Detail Relationship Data Type in "Choose the field type screen" is disabled. Why is the button disabled? What do I need to do to enable the radio button in order to convert from Lookup to Master-Detail field?

Thanks in advance!

~S

RanjeetRanjeet

Hi S,

If the radio button selection for Master-Detail Relationship Data Type in "Choose the field type screen" is disabled, it means that you already have 2 master detail relationships in your custom object (There is a limit of 2 Master-Detail relationships per object in salesforce). You need to delete any of your MD relationship field or convert it into Lookup.

softectonicsoftectonic
Hi Ranjeet, Thank you for your reply. There are no other master-detail relationship fields on the object. The following information is display next to the radio button. "You cannot convert this field to master-detail relationship because this object has a field update on the owner field" Thanks!