function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gulfkltogulfklto 

Force.com IDE for Eclipse Ganymede

I've just installed eclipse and the Force.com IDE.

Everything seems to work, I've followed the instructions, when I try to create a new project the systems asks for the username and password, then  appears a Window with the wiring: "FEtching organization DEtails..." And nothing happens for hours.

At the end I have to close eclipse from the task manager.

Any Idea on whinc should be the problem?

Thaks a lot

gulfkltogulfklto

If I don't do anything for a couple of hours at the end I get this message:

"unable to Fetch organization details for 'myusername':

Connection Reset

To ignore this error and create a Force.com Project without connecting to the server, Click Create offline"

JonPJonP
This is a low-level network connectivity issue.  Check your computer's network settings.
gulfkltogulfklto

Does the tool use a particular door or protocol on the network?

I'm inside my company and have a proxy /firewall that should close some doors/protocols

JonPJonP
All communication with Salesforce is over HTTPS (443), and it uses HTTP (80) for the blog content on the Start Page.  There are no nonstandard ports used.
Amit LuniyaAmit Luniya

I think this post is little old one but still want to share the solution that worked for me.

You may face this issue because of firewall settings and configuring proxy server settings will do the trick.

Please go through my below blog for detailed steps of the solution.

http://aluniya.blogspot.com/2013/12/unable-to-fetch-organization-details-for.html

Please Accept my answer as solution (if it was helpful) to make it available to others for similar problem & Don't forget to give me KUDOS by Clicking on STAR icon