function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GneralTsao82GneralTsao82 

Custom Object not listed in Import Wizard

Hi,

I've developed a few custom objects and am in the process of importing old data from another system (which the custom objects are replacing).  The problem I'm having is that one of the custom objects isn't showing up in the Custom Object Import Wizard.

There are no problems importing the custom object that is listed.

I've compared their configurations and no differences stand out.  The main structural difference is that unlisted object is a child/detail of the listed one (as well as a standard object).  I haven't read anything that would indicate that this would be a problem (but I may have missed something).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

shillyershillyer

According to the docs, custom objects with two master-detail relationships cannot be imported using the import wizard.

Hope that helps,

Sati

GneralTsao82GneralTsao82

Thanks for the link, Sati.  I figured the problem was something like that but I couldn't find any mention of it (that seems like an odd section for that).

So what options does that leave me with?  Inserting via the API?   Or the Data Loader (which I've had problems logging in with)?

Thanks again,

Andrew 

rviardrviard

Have you found a solution to this? I just ran into the same issue. I created a few custom objects and one is has 2 lookups to my membership object and to contacts. I want to use this to show which of my contacts are paying members of our organization. We have a few thousand members, so I'm not looking forward to selecting them by hand...

Add DryAdd Dry

Does Apex Data Loader do the job for you?

joshc@socket.netjoshc@socket.net

Same issue here - cannot import a custom object that has 2 master details - no solution yet?

JamieCooperJamieCooper

SimpleImport gives you the ability to import data in any standard or custom object, along with this feature you can also import into a master and detail object at the same time.

Check out the application on the AppExchange

Or for more information view our demonstration video

Hope this helps!