function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MBenfieldMBenfield 

Text in Page Layout

Is there any way to simply add some descriptive text to a layout?  I'm creating a page layout for a custom object and I'd like some instructions on the page for my users...
dturkeldturkel
I think the only way to do this is by using a simple S-Control for the text, or create a Visual Force page using the standard controller for the object.
MBenfieldMBenfield
I tried both a simple VF page and an s-control and neither show up on the 'new' or 'edit' pages, only when viewing a record which doesn't help me...
dturkeldturkel

Just to be safe, I assume that in the case of the S-Control, you included it on the page layout for the custom object?

In the case of the VisualForce page, did you remember to override the "Standard Buttons and Links" for the "Edit" option, under the custom object's configuration?

Emilie may be able to help you.  You shouldn't have any issue with the S-Control solution, so make sure you Javascript isn't broken.

MBenfieldMBenfield
Yes, I included the S-control in the page layout but it didn't work.  I created a beautiful VF page but the problem is that the field dependencies don't work in VF.
dturkeldturkel
What does your S-Control code look like?
RatherGeekyRatherGeeky
Did you ever find a solution to this? Might be useful for those searching for similar issues if you shared what worked for you.