function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aroyalaroyal 

Difference Between Salesforce.com and Force.com

Hi all ,

I want to know what is the exact difference between salesforce.com and Force.com ,

Can any one help me to know about that?

werewolfwerewolf
They're effectively the same thing, but Salesforce.com is generally used to refer to the CRM functionality (the sales, service and marketing applications) and Force.com is generally used to refer to the underlying platform (the database, code, and UI on which all the apps are built).
aroyalaroyal

thanks for your solution , is there any material for this ?? 

Can you refer any notes or links?

SFDCDev7SFDCDev7

Hi,

Check the below link.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Wiki 

Regards,

AJ 

salesforce.com and force.comsalesforce.com and force.com

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS CORRECT  PLZ REPLY IF AT ALL ANYONE KNOWS ANSWER

i think salesforce.com is a standard appl where we can customize the appl using force.com.

salesforce.com is standard appl

force.com we can develop new apps where as we can customize the predefined functionalities of salesforce.com

OR

both r same but if at all the required standard objects  related to our appl not exists in salesforce.com we  develop our own objects  using force.com

Kevin77Kevin77
Very good question. I would like to know the answer as well.
I.S.KI.S.K

Force.com is a platform where you can develop your own application.

Salesforce.com is Sales(CRM) and Service applications which were developed and running on the Force.com Platform.

The developed applications will run on the force.com always as a multitenent architecture method.

Simply you can identify Forc.com is where you can access and customize your datamodel, bussiness logic and UserInterface. But in case of salesforce.com you can access the sales(CRM) Application with all the developed data model, Business logic and UserInterface. Then you can customize your application funtionality, since it is running on the force.com platform.

Best Regards

I.Satheeskumar(I.S.K)

Bhushan Mahajan 5Bhushan Mahajan 5
Hi,

aroyal
The difference b/w salesforce & force.com is the salesforce is software as a service and the force.com is the application development platform.the force.com is the platform as a service.

Rajkumar RRajkumar R
Salesforce.com is the actual CRM Software on Cloud with all standard applications for organizations and end users.
Force.com is same as Setup page for Admins and developers, which allows you to customize the salesforce.com applications, administer your salesforce.com, build new applications using number of tools (create/manage users, create/manage obj, fields, processes, rules, apps...)
Faizan Nusrat 12Faizan Nusrat 12
Site.com
1. Sites.com is meant for business users as there is no coding mandatory. Business users can easily create their own websites and it uses a  Sites.com Guest User License.
2 . Public (unauthenticated) sites only which means no Authentication are supported
3 . Custom coding using HTML, CSS, Javascript, No VisualForce, Apex support as of now.
4 . CRM Content objects are not supported. Allows read-only access to some objects through the objects data elements.
5 . Two types of users – Publisher and Contributor. Publisher is a superset of Contributor.
6 . Chatter supported for a contribution of content while chatter is not available on the front end website.
7 .Drag n drop support for CMS.

Force.com Sites
1 . Force.com sites support both authenticated and public websites
2 . Support for custom pages using VF, JS, CSS etc
3 . Main target audience is developers
4 . Access to all Force.com objects

Thank You,
I am ABI am AB

User-added image

In very short:
Salesforce.com is SaaS: Software is Service. (you can use the standard apps)

Force.com is PaaS: Platform as a Service. (you can build your own app)

I hope, this will help you.

HIMANSHU SINGH 82HIMANSHU SINGH 82
according to techtarget (https://searchcustomerexperience.techtarget.com/definition/Forcecom
Force.com(PaaS) is owned by Software as a Service (SaaS) vendor Salesforce.com, who calls the product a social and mobile app development platform. Salesforce.com also owns Heroku, another cloud development platform.
Gabriel LinusGabriel Linus
Hi aroyal,

Force.com and Salesforce.com are both platforms offered by Salesforce, but they differ in terms of their target audience and purpose.a Force.com org is focused on application development, while a Salesforce.com org is focused on managing customer relationships.
  • A Force.com org is primarily designed for developers and businesses that want to build custom applications on the Salesforce platform. It provides access to the Salesforce platform's development tools, such as Apex and Visualforce, and allows developers to create custom objects, fields, and workflows.
  • On the other hand, a Salesforce.com org is designed for sales and marketing teams who want to use the Salesforce platform to manage their customer relationships. It provides access to standard Salesforce features such as leads, accounts, opportunities, and campaigns, and allows businesses to manage their sales and marketing processes more efficiently.
For those considering a Salesforce implementation, I recommend checking out the article at https://arrify.com/implement-salesforce/. It provides a wealth of information on Salesforce implementation, including strategy, tips, and best practices.