function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IvanWatlingIvanWatling 

Help: Lookup Search Not Working

The search lookup box is not working in my app for some objects.  If I leave the box empty and click Go I expect to see all the objects instances, but instead I see none.  If I enter the id of a known object it does find it.  Any ideas?
EtaussigEtaussig
Are you using the advanced search?
daffentrangerdaffentranger

I ran into the same issue.  The problem is SF does not allow a query to select * like that due to server limitations.  Here's what I found in the help.

If the user does not enter a search string before clicking the Lookup Search button, it doesn't return all but just the 20 most recent items the user has clicked on. This is because this display will be a dynamic entry if we do so on the salesforce search engine, therefore it will make the display based on each organizations private settings. This will cause a delay on our servers because of so many individual queries. This means to ensure the top performance on speed and data retrieval we have decided to leave the default to the most recent ones. So in short, a full list of all records for an object is not available in Lookups for performance reasons.