function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SpunkySpunky 

Create New Trigger

I want to create an opprtunity trigger but wheni go to Customze| Opportunities|Triggers

I don't see a new or create button

Am i blind??

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ethanoneethanone
I'm not sure if this is your problem, but you cannot create a trigger in a production environment without the Force IDE.  You should make a sandbox and create your trigger there then deploy to production.  I would recommend using the Force IDE even with a sandbox since it makes deployment so easy. I ran into a lot of problems when creating code directly in a production environment and I would not recommend it.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
May I suggest you look into using the Force.com IDE instead?
Siddhesh KabeSiddhesh Kabe

Hi Spunky,

mebbe you are blind... or also maybe your system admin has not given you create trigger options.

I suggest you can ask your system admin to give you a profile which can create triggers.

Are you also able to write Apex classes? or trigger for any other object???

If not then you do not have permissions to Author Apex, which can be found under profiles. 

Else... go check a eye doctor...:smileywink:

Cheers,

SiD

http://sidoscope.blogspot.com

Message Edited by Siddhesh Kabe on 07-28-2009 10:44 PM
ethanoneethanone
I'm not sure if this is your problem, but you cannot create a trigger in a production environment without the Force IDE.  You should make a sandbox and create your trigger there then deploy to production.  I would recommend using the Force IDE even with a sandbox since it makes deployment so easy. I ran into a lot of problems when creating code directly in a production environment and I would not recommend it.
This was selected as the best answer