function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh ShahRajesh Shah 

Approval Process - Change the approver.

Hi All,

I have an approval process that based on a picklist field value decides which Queue should be the next approver. Now the client has the requriement that the Queue Members should have the ability to change the Approver Queue if they feel that the other queue should actually be the approver. How can this be done? Has anybody done anything of this kind before?

The only soln I can think of is to recall the record from Approval process and resend to the appropriate queue when the picklist value is updated. However the approval history will record this. Is it possible to dynamically change the approver once the record is in the approval process?

Message Edited by Rajesh Shah on 07-30-2009 02:44 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rajesh ShahRajesh Shah
I found out that we do have reassign link besides the Approve/reject link :smileysurprised: However it allows the user to select either a Queue or any User. Is there a way to restrict the user to select only a Queue and not an User?

All Answers

Rajesh ShahRajesh Shah
I found out that we do have reassign link besides the Approve/reject link :smileysurprised: However it allows the user to select either a Queue or any User. Is there a way to restrict the user to select only a Queue and not an User?
This was selected as the best answer
tstrongtstrong
Did you find a way to restrict the approval reassignment to a queue and not a user?
Rajesh ShahRajesh Shah
No, we were not able to find a way to restrict that. What we thought of doing is that at the time when a user is approving, have some validation to check if he belongs to a queue you assume should approving. If not, give an error at the time when he is approving. I agree not an elegant solution but I don't have any better idea. 
Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari

Hi Rajesh,

I am facing same issue , can you pleae provide any solution or code reference?

I need to assign queue dynamically via backend code.

Regards,

Deepak Pansari

Nikhil1234Nikhil1234

Hi,

Can you please let me know the way how you are able to assign a different queue as the approver in the approval process as per the specific value( in your case:picklist value).

Thanks.