function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RadnipRadnip 

Anyone know about Mobile Data Sets?

I've setup a Mobile Data Set for a blackberry and i've selected an object and set it to return 'All records'. But if I run the "Estimate Data size" button instead of saying its syncing all 30,000 records it says its only syncing 2,500. Is there a limit on the number of records you can have in a mobile data set?

Thanks

Francis 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Dataville1Dataville1

Figured it out... it was set to "No Limit" but Salesforce failed to mention that "No Limit" means a limit of 2500 records... a little creative with the truth, but yes I know its a crazy amount but that's what you get when you have unlimited 3G downloads :)

Thanks

All Answers

EnthEnth

Few options to check first:

1. When you set up your mobile configuration, check what value you used for your Data Size Limit. This defaults to 2Mb.
  2. For your object, does your role have visibility of all records? Mobile obeys the same record sharing rules as normal. If you're not estimating with the System Admin login then try that first and see how many records it says.
Finally, I'd advise against synching 30k records, this will be a nightmare for performance the first time and also bad if you have a large number of changes to this object.

If none of the above helps, please attach a screenshot from the data set config

Dataville1Dataville1

Figured it out... it was set to "No Limit" but Salesforce failed to mention that "No Limit" means a limit of 2500 records... a little creative with the truth, but yes I know its a crazy amount but that's what you get when you have unlimited 3G downloads :)

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer