function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dietcoladietcola 

Inline Editing in Lists not working

I have enabled both Inline Editing and Enhanced Lists in my Sandbox's Setup (per the instructions here), but I still can't edit any fields in my custom List View.  Neither the pencil icon nor the lock icon appears when I hover over what should be an editable field.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
If you have record types, you have to ensure that your view criteria limit the list view to a single record type.  You also cannot use Advanced Criteria, so you can have at most 5 criteria on your list view.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
If you have record types, you have to ensure that your view criteria limit the list view to a single record type.  You also cannot use Advanced Criteria, so you can have at most 5 criteria on your list view.
This was selected as the best answer
jwalshjwalsh

I'm trying your suggestion now but in my Edit View page, I don't see "Record Type" in the dropdown for Field under "Filter by...."  Is there something specific I have to enable in order to see "Record Type" here as an option?

jwalshjwalsh

...and never mind :)  When I slowed down and looked line by line, I see its there as "Opportunity Record Type" and not "Record Type".

ethanoneethanone

I do not have record types on my custom object. In my sandbox i can edit inline, in production i cannot edit inline.  Any suggestions?

ethanoneethanone

As a follow up, you need to have an editable field in the page layout to have the field be editable in the list view.