function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SapamrmSapamrm 

Save & New Case-button in event edit layout

After having filled in the information from a new event, there is the choice between "save", "save & new task" and "save & new event".

Is it possible to create an extra custom button "save & new case" in the event edit layout ?

There is the possibility to add custom buttons, but these will only appear in the event detail layout (so after having saved), and I'd like them to appear in the event edit layout (so while entering/editing the event).

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Martin

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SapamrmSapamrm

Thx for the replies. They díd answer my question, however they did not solve my problem. As my knowledge of VisualForce and other non-standard customisation equals zero, I guess there will not be a "save & new case"-button in our Salesforce-environment in the near future. Thanks anyway!

Grtz,

Martin.

All Answers

SwapnaSwapna

Hi Martin

We cannot add custom fields on Edit page.

Alternative can be to create Visual force page similar to Event Edit page and override the standard edit button with this VF Page.

You can add that button on VF Page and can have your own custom logic associated to that

Hope this helps... :)

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

You have rightly mentioned that custom buttons appear in the detail page. So how to solve your problem, your requirement of adding a new button - "Save & new Case" can be achieved by the use of custom UI using visual force, so it would would be an extensive custom work , wherein you need to code newly the Create or New button functionality.

So your requirement cannot be implemented with standard configuration but custom visual force page will solve your problem.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

SapamrmSapamrm

Thx for the replies. They díd answer my question, however they did not solve my problem. As my knowledge of VisualForce and other non-standard customisation equals zero, I guess there will not be a "save & new case"-button in our Salesforce-environment in the near future. Thanks anyway!

Grtz,

Martin.

This was selected as the best answer