function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
softcloudsoftcloud 

Edit Lead after its being converted

Hi All,

We would like to edit some of the Lead data after it is being converted for reporting purposes. I tried to do this using Data Loader but unsuccessful. Is there a way to edit the lead after it is being converted, using third party product?

jkucerajkucera

No can do - converted leads can't ever be changed with the tiny exception of picklist replace.  You can go into setup & change a picklist value, which does update the picklist vaue for any converted lead with that value.

Neither API nor 3rd party tools can edit converted leads either.

softcloudsoftcloud

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. However, the value which I would like to change is a custom text field.

Did you mentioned that third party product can or cannot do?

We have forceAmp (third party) which connect to salesforce backend, do you know if we can use that?

jkucerajkucera
Custom fields cannot be edited on converted leads.
Satish.jgecSatish.jgec

Hi John,

I need to update a Picklist for the converted leads but it is not as easy as replacing the picklist.

Each Old Picklist value is now modified into more than two new picklist value. So essentially based upon the State and Zip, the Old Picklist Value needs to be changed to the newer picklist value.

I "heard" you say that the third party tool or API is able to modify the Converted leads.

Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks

Satish

jkucerajkucera

To split a value, there's no good solution I can think of.

Sorry for the API confusion above - you cannot use the API to edit converted leads so unfortunately that won't work.

I've updated my confusing response above for clarity.

Kristy LeeKristy Lee

Any chance this fuctionality was added with the new release? It is seriously labor intenstive to have to keep pulling this data out into excel and manually changing incorrect converted lead data to get accurate reports....