function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
johnhageljohnhagel 

getting all events/logs from salesforce

Hi

I am new to using the Saleforce API.  I would like to know if it is posiible to get all events that track activities/actions performed by all users that belong to a organization.

Thanx

John

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

This is provided in Audit Trail in salesforce. it track over all activities and actions performed by any user.

you may get it navigating : 

Setup -> Administration Setup - > Security Controls->View Setup Audit Trail

johnhageljohnhagel

sandeep@Salesforce wrote:

This is provided in Audit Trail in salesforce. it track over all activities and actions performed by any user.

you may get it navigating : 

Setup -> Administration Setup - > Security Controls->View Setup Audit Trail

Can the Salesforce API be used to get the same info ?  

Thanx

John

ryanjuptonryanjupton

Setup audit trail only shows things that developers and administrators have done from a configuration and setup point of view. It will not show everything that all users have done in your organization. I don't know that there's a single API call that will give you everything like you asked.

johnhageljohnhagel

ryanjupton wrote:

Setup audit trail only shows things that developers and administrators have done from a configuration and setup point of view. It will not show everything that all users have done in your organization. I don't know that there's a single API call that will give you everything like you asked.

Can you point me to a API that gets this info for a given Object in Salesforce. since it is not possible to do the same for all objects and users ?

John

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

No Jhon there is not API to do this so Audit trail is only the way to achieve it. I think all are tuned with same answer so

Niranjan GattupalliNiranjan Gattupalli
Hi,
 This can be possible with Salesforce API's but in differrent way.
There is an app AutoRABIT (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000ptkwEAA) in appexchange which uses Salesforce API's and does track all metadata changes based on given date/time,metadata type/name,createdby/modifiedby user etc..Unlike View Setup Audit Trail which dispalys only latest 20 changes where as from this app we can track all changes.
  Sample screenshot is
 Sample view from this app
Thanks,
Niranjan.
Sravika Birudaraju 10Sravika Birudaraju 10
Hi John,

There is a paid feature EventLogMonitoring which is supported by salesforce. This tracks all the user activities, event types and capture the fields. There are around 28 evet types which can be tracked with this feature.
Using your developer org, you can test it for event types where the data is retained for 1 day.
If you get this feature enabled in your org, data can be retained for 30 days. By default only LOGIN, LOGOUT eventypes are tracked in your sandbox.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sravika