function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sclosesclose 

Question about force.com Lite and Enterprise

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a couple seats for force.com Lite or Enterpirse. I have Salesforce Enterprise lisense already if I purchase force.com will these people who have these seats see the Account and Contact info from our live org?

Thanks,

SC

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AroraAnupAroraAnup

If you go for the Force.com Lite licenses, the users will be able to see Accounts and Contacts but only in Read-only mode. They will not be able to create/edit/delete Accounts & Contacts data set.

You may want to refer to the Comparison Datasheet for further info.

Hope this helps!

All Answers

AroraAnupAroraAnup

If you go for the Force.com Lite licenses, the users will be able to see Accounts and Contacts but only in Read-only mode. They will not be able to create/edit/delete Accounts & Contacts data set.

You may want to refer to the Comparison Datasheet for further info.

Hope this helps!

This was selected as the best answer
sclosesclose
Thank yo very much you have anwser my question. I have one more for you. Is there away to create a custom object and associate that object to an opporunity in our live org? Kinda like merging? Since we can not view opportunies on force.com lite.

Thanks,
SC
AroraAnupAroraAnup

So help me understand. When you say that create a custom object and associate to Opportunity, are you trying to replicate Opportunity details into this custom object, so that this custom object can then be exposed to the Force.com Lite users (since they don't have access to Opportunity)

Please let me know so that I can help you better!

sclosesclose

Yes that is the idea. What are your thoughts? 

AroraAnupAroraAnup

So I think there are a couple ways for you to achieve this:

1. You can create a custom object, which is linked to Opportunities. Depending upon how many fields from the Opportunity you want to be copied over into this custom object, you can then write a trigger that will get fired everytime an opportunity is created/updated and will copy over data from the Opportunity Fields into the fields into this custom object. You will have to define this field to field mapping in your class. Do take note that this all will happen real time.

2. If you don't need a real time update from Opportunities into this object, what you can also do is to create a batch process using Apex Data Loader Command Line interface. What you can do is export data from opportunities on a nightly/weekly basis using data loader CLI, store it into a CSV format on a Windows machine, n then use this file to get pushed into this custom object (again using CLI and windows scheduler). This is like a no-coding approach but data will be pushed into batch mode, not real time

3. You may also want to explore the SFDC Analytical Snapshot feature. Analytic snapshot lets you report on historical data. Authorized users can save tabular or summary report results to fields on a custom object, then map those fields to corresponding fields on a target object. They can then schedule when to run the report to load the custom object's fields with the report's data. Analytic snapshots enable you to work with report data similarly to how you work with other records in Salesforce. Click here to explore more about Analytical Snapshot

Depending upon your requirements, I think you can use anyone of these 3 solution approaches.

Hope this helps!

sclosesclose

Thank you so much for the information and taking the time to explain. I will definatly give this a try. I will let yo know when I have this done.

Thanks,

SC

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Sure. Do let me know if you want any further help.

Do click KUDOS if the post helped you!