function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Linda 98Linda 98 

send email every last day of month.

Hi,

I want to send an email to key contact in account on last day of every month using time dependent workflow.

Email should have some formula fields included which are on account..

Will workflow solve my purpose?Or should i use Scheduler class?

Any suggestions?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AroraAnupAroraAnup

I am assuming you want this email to go out at the end of every month? If that is the case, I don't think you will be able to use time-dependent workflows, parimarily because in your scenario, the workflow evaluation criteria will be created, and every time it’s edited and SFDC does not allow Time-dependent actions if the workflow evaluation criteria is set to Every time the record is created and edited.

Looks like you would need to use an apex email scheduler class for this requirement.

All Answers

AroraAnupAroraAnup

I am assuming you want this email to go out at the end of every month? If that is the case, I don't think you will be able to use time-dependent workflows, parimarily because in your scenario, the workflow evaluation criteria will be created, and every time it’s edited and SFDC does not allow Time-dependent actions if the workflow evaluation criteria is set to Every time the record is created and edited.

Looks like you would need to use an apex email scheduler class for this requirement.

This was selected as the best answer
Linda 98Linda 98

Thanks for that.

Any start up code?

Thanks

AroraAnupAroraAnup
Linda 98Linda 98

That's really a good start up.

Thanks a lot.

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Glad I could help! :)