function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vikash TiwaryVikash Tiwary 

Refreshing Sub Tab also refreshes Custom console component in sidebar.

Hello Everyone,

When we refresh Sub tab by refreshSubtabById(), it also refreshes custom console component in sidebar which is not desired in my case. Even refreshSubtabById() documentation in "Service Cloud Console Integration Toolkit Developer's Guide" states as below given:

"Note that this method doesn't refresh sidebars or custom console components. For more information, see Custom Console
Components Overview in the Salesforce online help."

Any help to prevent custom console component reload on refreshing subtab will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Vikash Tiwary
JeeedeeeJeeedeee
Hi Vikash,

Thanks for your reply! I got it solved a while ago by ignoring the event which is posted to the custom component, using the code below in my javascript. 

var eventHandler = function eventHandler(result) {
   // just do nothing so I do not refresh :)
};
sforce.console.onEnclosingTabRefresh(eventHandler);

All Answers

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Vikash, 

Please check the article, might help, 

https://org62.my.salesforce.com/articles/Documentation/console2-components-overview-htm?popup=true

Regards,

Ashish

JeeedeeeJeeedeee
Hi Vakash,

Did you manage to not rerender you component, can we mark the component to not to be rerendered? I now have the same issue when I edit an existing case, create a new case. After hitting save, the page refreshes and the content of the component refreshes also...

Thanks, Jan-Dirk
Vikash TiwaryVikash Tiwary
Hi Jan-Dirk,

Component within the Subtab gets refreshed each time the subtab is refreshed. Considering the fact that Object detail page loads before the component we can have a workaround. We can conditionally render the component section from being loaded based on record field values.  We will be able to get record field values because the record detail page loads before component and its values will be vavailabe to us in custom component..

Hope this makes sense. If any other findings please share.

Thanks 

JeeedeeeJeeedeee
Hi Vikash,

Thanks for your reply! I got it solved a while ago by ignoring the event which is posted to the custom component, using the code below in my javascript. 

var eventHandler = function eventHandler(result) {
   // just do nothing so I do not refresh :)
};
sforce.console.onEnclosingTabRefresh(eventHandler);

This was selected as the best answer