function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ParagPatilParagPatil 

Approver needs to get more information before actually performing Approve/Reject Action

Hi, (1) In our business, once a case is submitted for approval then the approvers ask some more information/queries to submitter before actually approving or rejecting the request. Submitter and Approver generally have many mail exchange and information exchange before approver would do any action of approving or rejecting the case. Can we provide facility to approvers that they will have one more button/link (say: require more information) and they will put their comment send it to submitter? (2) My second query is regarding removing "Reassign" link that approver can see with "Approve/Reject" link in front of every request. Can we somehow remove this link? Thank You, Parag

Gunish Rai ChawlaGunish Rai Chawla
Your first requirement can be achieved by writing a custom button and some VF / Apex code.

For the Second requirement, Have a look at this post.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Disable-reassign-option-in-approval-processes/td-p/176836
ParagPatilParagPatil
Thank You Gunish for the reply. Could you please explain some more details how can write a CF/Apex code to achieve my first requirement.

Also, I am not very clear about the solution mentioned in the link for the second requirement. Could you please explore it little more too.

Thank You for all your help.
ParagPatilParagPatil

Thank You Gunish for the reply. Could you please explain some more details how can write a CF/Apex code to achieve my first requirement.

Also, I am not very clear about the solution mentioned in the link for the second requirement. Could you please explore it little more too.

Thank You for all your help.