function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gsmithfarmergsmithfarmer 

Spring'13 API returns an SObject introduced in Summer'13 -- an API bug and support editorial

Anyone else seen this bug in Summer'13:

An application using the Spring'13 protocol (27) against a Summer'13 sandbox instance will return meta data for the SObject OrganizationProperty even though this SObject is new in Summer'13. 

I tried to tell Salesforce about the bug via a case and got:

"I would like to inform you that we offer developer support to our customers and are sorry for the impact this may be having on you. We now provide developer support only to our premier customers and partners. If you have a developer support question, are looking for technical documentation, best practices, code samples and other ways to speed your development time, we have great resources that you can leverage within the developer community at http://developer.force.com/ ."

A funny response since I was not asking for developer support and was simply reporting a bug in the product. The text of my original case ended with "Unless you need help reproducing the problem, there is no need to respond."

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi gsmithfarmer,

Please let us know which API you are trying to use while you saw the sObject mentioned.

Regards,
Ashish, Salesforce.com

gsmithfarmergsmithfarmer
Using the SOAP API version 27. Basically the DescribeSObjects call returns
a field for Organization the was introduced in Summer'13.
I saw it as a side effect of the the field name (key) being a reserved
keyword in most SQL dialects.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi gsmithfarmer,

Thank you very much sharing the information. We are looking into the issue and will get back to you with an update shortly.

Regards,
Ashish, Salesforce.com

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi gsmithfarmer,

Thank you very much for your time spent on working with our Dev Expert to help us investigate this issue.
As per the case notes - the issue was not reproducable after all instances were upgraded to summer 13.
Have a great time!

Regards,
Ashish, Salesforce.com
If this post answers your question, please mark this post as Solved.