function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hs777hs777 

Email notification when an existing Case receives a followup Email

We have our system setup so that when a case has been created by email-to-case, an email is sent to our customer informing  them we have received the case.  This email includes the reference number, so when the customer sends any followup emails, the email will correctly show up on the existing case and not create another case.  This works great.

However, how do I notify the case owner that the customer has sent a reply to an existing case when the email is received?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RoyGiladRoyGilad
Hi,
This option is enabled in Salesforce just check the checkbox in:
Setup | Customize | Cases | Support Settings -->
Check the box next to "Notify Case Owner of New Case Comments"

I hope it helps,

All Answers

RoyGiladRoyGilad
Hi,
This option is enabled in Salesforce just check the checkbox in:
Setup | Customize | Cases | Support Settings -->
Check the box next to "Notify Case Owner of New Case Comments"

I hope it helps,
This was selected as the best answer
Karthikeyan JayabalKarthikeyan Jayabal

Enable this Email-to-Case setting: Notify Case Owners on New Emails

Setup path: Setup | Customize | Cases | Email-to-Case

hs777hs777
This is exactly what I was looking for. I figured there had to be some simple setting.
Thank you.
sreelakshmi medasreelakshmi meda
I would like to integrate Salesforce with external systems so that whenever someone submits a claim referral through these portals, Case should be created in Salesforce automatically with the content and attachments. Some of the external systems are on the Salesforce Platform and some are not. What are the various options available and which option would be cost-effective?
Tahir Sheikh 18Tahir Sheikh 18
Regarding this, which I already have enabled "Enable this Email-to-Case setting: Notify Case Owners on New Emails", how can I do the same to send an alert to a user (lookup field) captured on a particular custom field on the Case?
Prajwal PawarPrajwal Pawar
What if the case owner is not a User but a Queue. Is there any way to configure this so that the Queue email id will receive the notification.

Thanks in advance!