function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Newbie10Newbie10 

Approval process

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to update a field on Master record,as a result of approval process on detail object(both custom)

AshlekhAshlekh

Hi ,

You can do this by trigger on your detail object. When your field is update by approval process than you can write a trigger on update and than you capture the value form detail object and fill that value in master record and update the master record. When every filed update by field update action on approval process than trigger execute only one time so don't worry about recursive trigger. 

Thanks 

Ashlekh Gera

If this one help you Than don't forget to give me kudo's by click on start button.

Daniel Zeidler (DZ)Daniel Zeidler (DZ)

A trigger will work, but in some cases there are easier work arounds for these kind of things. Can you give us more specific details on what your requirements are?

Newbie10Newbie10
I got a custom object ,ObjA which has a relationship(master) to standard
Account object

There is an approval process defined on this custom object ObjA

and upon approval action,i need to update a custom field,say field1 with a
value in custom field of ObjA.

Can it be done without code?
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

As you are saying that approal process is defied on objA then you just need to add one task ( field update) on Approval Actions section of that approval process and no coding required.

AshlekhAshlekh

Hi,

If you want to update a filed which is on ObjA  than you don't need any code,you can update this field by field update action on Approval process.

But if you want to update a field on Account object ( Parent record ) then you have to update a field on ObjA (by field update action on approval

process when record is approved or reject ) then write a trigger on ObjA (After update ). By this trigger you can update the value of Parent record

(Account object) .

Newbie10 wrote:
I got a custom object ,ObjA which has a relationship(master) to standard
Account object

There is an approval process defined on this custom object ObjA

and upon approval action,i need to update a custom field,say field1 with a
value in custom field of ObjA.

Can it be done without code?

Thanks 

Ashlekh 

If it is you solution than mark it as a solution.Don't forget to give me kudo's by click on star icon on left hand side below my name.

dragon123dragon123

gud idea