function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Osiris77706Osiris77706 

Products Page

This is probably a dumb question, but where is the products page ? I see from looking under my apps > customize > products , that there is indeed a product object but I can figure out how to get to it. I assumed that there was a page very similar to opportunity, lead, and account that would let you edit/view a list of products, but I can't seem to locate it.

I did, however see that you can add a product to an opportunity, although it asks me to choose a price book but there are none. Where do I add a pricebook ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sai.sfsai.sf

Go to Manage users-->Profiles-->Sys Admin-->Tab Settings-->Product-->Change it to Default On.

All Answers

BA_AdminBA_Admin

If you can't see the tab click on + and you will see the products tab and click on that and you can see the page, under the page you can see Maintenance and under that you can see manage price books, let me know if u didn't find it

Osiris77706Osiris77706

It is nowhere in the list when you hit "+" using ctrl+F looking for product  and then looking for pricebook.

I'm working from "Sales" in the drop down

BA_AdminBA_Admin

You should be able to see the tab unless if it is hidden from you , r u sys admin?

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Yep, there are two of us sysadmins, neither of us can see such a tab. Now we use Bigmachines as our configurator, is there any way that may have wiped out the product page ?

sai.sfsai.sf

I guess Product tab must be hidden.Go to All tabs.Click on Customize and add product to it.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

even we use Bigmachines but it's nothing to lay off the product page , could you see if the tab is hidden for sys admin

Osiris77706Osiris77706

okay so i went to customize and product is nowhere on either of the two lists.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

You can't see the tab in customize if it is hidden, if you don't see the tab the only reason is it might be hidden

sai.sfsai.sf

Can you see the Product object under setup menu.

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Okay, how would one unhiide it ?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

set the tab to default on

sai.sfsai.sf

Is it an Unlimited,Enterprise edition?

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Yes products is a selection under setup > my apps > customize

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Enterprise

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Where is that selection ? (default on)

sai.sfsai.sf

Go to Manage users-->Profiles-->Sys Admin-->Tab Settings-->Product-->Change it to Default On.

This was selected as the best answer
Osiris77706Osiris77706

And there it is  ! Thanks