function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cyrilvercyrilver 

Lookup filter

Hi,

I've a custom "Existing_Industry__c" object which is a child object of Account (master-detail).
This object has a custom field which name is "Industry__c" which is a lookup field of another object. The value available for this field are :
- Industry 1,
- Industry 2,
- Industry 3.
I've created another custom object "Existing_Industry_Equipment__c" which is a child object of "Existing_Industry__c" (master-detail).
This object has a custom field which name is "Equipment__c" which is a lookup field of another object. The value available for this field are :
- Equipment 11 for Industry 1,
- Equipment 12 for Industry 1,
- Equipment 21 for Industry 2,
- Equipment 22 for Industry 2,
This is like dependent picklist ... 
For example, I add "Industry 1" on the related list "Existing Industry" to "Account 1" .
On "Industry 1" record I would like to add Equipment on the relatd list "Existing Industry Equipment" which only display "Equipment 11" and "Equipment 12".
I try to add a filter on the lookup "Equipment__c" (Existing_Industry_Equipment__c) but I can't filter on the "Industry__c" parent field (Existing_Industry__c).

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Rajesh_SFGRajesh_SFG

You can filter 'Equipment__c' field through the add filter on 'Industry__c' when equals the industry is Industry 1. can find the Industry__c custom field by choosing the correct traversal of object's fields in filter criteria.

cyrilvercyrilver

No I can only do that in the filter :

Equipment : Industry Equals Field Existing Industry Equipment : Existing Industry

In this case 'Existing Industry Equipment : Existing Industry' is the id (auto-num) and not the value of the field 'Industry' of the 'Existing Industry' object.

I can't do that filter :

Equipment : Industry Equals Field Existing Industry Equipment : Existing Industry : Industry