function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Osiris77706Osiris77706 

Address Related List

I'm trying to make a related list on the Quote object, the type of list should be a Bill To Address, now I believe Bill To Address is a custom made thing for my companies salesforce, it is originally found in the account, but I'm not sure. I have made a field in Quote that is a look-up relationship for type BIll To Address, When I try to add the related list to the quote page however, I can't seem to find the related list in the related list in the toolbox for editing the page layout.

Does anyone know what it is im doing wrong ?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

If you want to see in the related list you need to create object which is child to quote and you need to create field on this custom object then you will find this object in related list and you can see the field

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Fair enough, but quote is already a child of opportunity, which is a child of account. the proper account is listed in my quote. Bill To Address and Ship To Address are child objects off account, can't i somehow pull the relationship over from the account thats all ready there ?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

You could be able to pull it into detail page but not onto related list , related list are always the objects not fields so this is why you cannot show in the related list

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Would a detail page maintain similar functionality ?

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Heres a drawing of what the relationships look like if it helps.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Yes you can populate it on detail page