function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DannyK89DannyK89 

VOIP Integration

I was wondering if salesforce offeres some kind of built in VOIP Integration. If know can someone give me a direction. Thanks. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Salesforce.com does not do VOIP in and of itself (i.e. it is not Vonage or Skype), but it does have a "CTI Connector" that allows it to interface with compliant services (e.g. Skype). The general process goes as follows: 1) select and subscribe to a salesforce.com-compatible service, 2) install an adapter that will interface the service to the salesforce.com application, and 3) configure salesforce.com to connect to the service. This configuration allows screen popups for incoming calls (based on caller ID), a one-click calling system to place outbound calls, and a built-in softphone within the application. See Setup > Customize > Call Center for details on how this works. Some services that are compatible may require custom software development, and your milage may vary. My understanding is that the Skype, Cisco, and AT&T integrations are rock solid, although you should definitely shop around and perform your own research before accepting my understanding as fact (or fiction, as the case may be).

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Salesforce.com does not do VOIP in and of itself (i.e. it is not Vonage or Skype), but it does have a "CTI Connector" that allows it to interface with compliant services (e.g. Skype). The general process goes as follows: 1) select and subscribe to a salesforce.com-compatible service, 2) install an adapter that will interface the service to the salesforce.com application, and 3) configure salesforce.com to connect to the service. This configuration allows screen popups for incoming calls (based on caller ID), a one-click calling system to place outbound calls, and a built-in softphone within the application. See Setup > Customize > Call Center for details on how this works. Some services that are compatible may require custom software development, and your milage may vary. My understanding is that the Skype, Cisco, and AT&T integrations are rock solid, although you should definitely shop around and perform your own research before accepting my understanding as fact (or fiction, as the case may be).

This was selected as the best answer
Chris WoodwardChris Woodward
Hi, DannyK89!

Sfdcfox is correct, Salesforce does not do VOIP in and of itself. But there are a number of 3rd party software that can integrate Salesforce with VOIP. I recommend that you check Tenfold, a CTI that can connect Salesforce with a lot of VOIP systems like Cisco, 8x8, RingCentral, ShoreTel, and a lot more.

Tenfold's great features include click-to-dial, a caller ID/screen pop, a call analytics dashboard, and automatic call logging.

To learn more about how Tenfold connects Salesforce with phone systems, check this link:
https://www.tenfold.com/integrations/salesforces
RANIYA mouRANIYA mou
It's important to make sure that VoIP (https://www.bravotelecom.com/en-CA/duo-telephone-internet-residential.php) integration works well your systems .