function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthik112Karthik112 

display attachments from external URL

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I need to display attachments from an external page on click of a button. I need to pass the object Id in the external URL to get the attachments for that Id. I created a custom button using standard configuration and the button is displayed in the detail page of the object. How can I display that button as a seperate section below the record or besides the notes and attachments section..? pls advise.

If this can achieved via custom coding, How do I do that ?

Cloud on FireCloud on Fire

normally you can create a custom button and specifiy whether you want it to appear at the record level (like Edit, Delete, Clone) or as a related list button. The problem is that Notes and Attachments is a non-customizable related list so, using a list button is out. So I guess your stuck with making a record level button, however I think you can specify only to show the button on the bottom if you like.

Karthik112Karthik112

Thanks for your response. where do I specify to show the button in a seperate section below the record (just like how a related list appears) and display the entire page below the button..?

Cloud on FireCloud on Fire

no, I don't think there is a way to do this, unless you want to use Visualforce. sorry.