function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ColinKenworthy2ColinKenworthy2 

Auto-populate address fields from Account on the Contact page - want to add custom field

On the Contact new / edit screen, when you lookup an Account, the Address firelds from the Account are filled into the Contact address fields on the screen.

I've now added a custom field to Account and Contact objects called "Building Name" - does anyone know of a way to get the new field to auto-populate on the Contact screen as well ?

Anyone done something similar?

Thanks.

RajiRaji

Hi,

Use workflowrule  and Field update every time a Record is Created and Edited.

Regards,

VNath.

That would work, but I really wanted it to populate the field in the screen as soon as the Account is selected (like the other address fields).

V'NathV'Nath

Hi,

if you want to populate then Create the new Contact custom button and override the standard button.

Edit Account pagelayout ---> Relatedlist--->contacts--->settings--button from there you can find your custom button and override the standardbutton with our newly Created Button..

write Javascript Code in your newContact  button to populate values automatically whenever button Clicks

Regards,

V'Nath.

V'Nath, I want the values when I select an Account (with the account lookup) on the Contact page. Not when I click "New Contact" on the Account page.