function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GaneeeshGaneeesh 

what is opportunity line item where is it lacated..?

what is opportunity line item where is it lacated..? . Why we need this line items , what is the relationship between opportunity..? can any body giveme brief explanation ..?

GaneeeshGaneeesh

hello here i am not getting opportunity line item object and its fields , How can i achieve this..?

Subramani_SFDCSubramani_SFDC
select id,Description,TotalPrice,SortOrder,ServiceDate,ListPrice,OpportunityId,PriceBookEntryId,ProductId,Quantity,ServiceDate from opportunitylineitem

It basically connects a product with an Opportunity. in an org you could have many products and these products can be added to multiple opportunities. So this is a junction object which stores this many to many relationship

Details are here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_opportunitylineitem.htm
GaneeeshGaneeesh

I am not asking for query ..? if i want to insert a record into opportunity line item then what is the navigation..? how can i do this..? where i can see the records of opportunity line item..?

Subramani_SFDCSubramani_SFDC

Hi

u cant view directly Opplineitem i think u can view it in report......

You will need to create Formula fields for LineItemID and PricebookID.

Go to Set Up | App Setup | Customize | Opportunities | Opportunity Products | Fields

Create Formula field for "LineItemID" as the label name - for the Formula, put in "ID" - Hit Save

Create Formula field for "PricebookID" as the label name - for the Formula, put in "PricebookEntryId" - Hit Save

Then create Opportunity Product report by going to the Reports tab | Create New Custom Report | Choose Opportunities in the Report drop down menu | Choose Opportunities with Products | Choose your Report Format | Go to Select Columns | In the Custom Opportunity Product Information section, choose "LineItemID" and "PricebookID" to display in the report | Run Report.