function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_RJSFDC_RJ 

security settings help

I have a requirement where in I create some contact records which should not visible to anyone except 2 people.  We have territory based role heirarchy We have CEO1 and CEO2 at same level .Also we have 3 different system admin profiles which have view all and modify all permission . I tried to create a new object (as these need not part of the system) but I guess Modify all and View all will make it visible to all who have this permission .

I am not an expert on this , it could be small thing which I am not aware may be . Any suugestions would be helpful. 

Shiva Ramesh @ xcdhrShiva Ramesh @ xcdhr

Hi 

Remove View all and Modify all permission for object in profiles. Next use permission set with View all and Modify permission and assign that permissionset to any user whom you want full access for that object.

Permissionset is used to granting access to specific group or user.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi RJ, 

If you have to make hide the Object from even a single user then you have to set the Organization Wide Defaults to Private, and later extend access using permission sets. 

It is not advisible for the System Admin Profile to have any restrictions as he woul be able to edit it later. 

Regards,

Ashish