function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrandonLBrandonL 

Moving reports with Eclipse Force IDE - Help!

Hello,

I was successful refreshing reports out of the sandbox into the IDE, cut and paste the reports to a different folder locally, then refresh and save to server in the sandbox to mass move reports (report cleanup)

Now when I do the same for the production region, the files won't save to the server. I get "File only saved locally, not to server" warnings and some errors " Save error: filters-criteriaItems-condition: Operator does not work with the selected column" and "Save error: curency:Unsupported currency:GBP" in the error logs. The rest of the reports save locally, not to the server.

Can anyone help me understand how I was successfully able to perform this task in the sandbox environment but not production?

Thanks

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

HI Brandon, 

If you do need to connect to Production just BE CAREFUL.

• Create a new project
  • Include ‘reports’ or more specifically the report folders you are concerned with
  • Let Eclipse refresh the project with the reports metadata
Now that you have all of the metadata for your reports, it is time to search through the metadata for the StageName to find all of the reports using that Stage.
  • In Eclipse, navigate to the reports folder you just download. Right click and select properties
  • Highlight and Note (or copy) the Location. This is the path where the metadata files are located
  • Open a windows explorer window and navigate to the path you just copied
You should now see all of the folders containing your report metadata.
  • Open Notepad++ click Search > Find in Files  (or just Ctrl+Shift+F)
  • Enter your search term (in our case, the Stage) , make sure the ‘In all sub-folders’ box is checked and click the ‘Find All’
  • A message will pop up saying “Searching… Press Enter to Cancel”. Don’t touch anything, just let it do it’s search, this may take a little while depending on how many files you have.  Clicking OK will cancel the search.
You should now have a list of files where the Stage has been found.  You can use this to narrow down the reports that need to be updated and hopefully cut down the time you spend updating your reports.
Note: It is possible to update your reports directly from the IDE as well.  If you choose to do that, make sure you back up the report data to another location in case something goes wrong.

Regards,
Ashish
BrandonLBrandonL

Thanks for your reply. I did follow steps to pull the report metadata from SFDC and move the reports locally where the report metadata is. The problem is when I try to save to server, or deploy to server, the files only copy locally, the reports do not save in production. When I follow the same order in the Sandbox, the reports do copy to the server. Any suggestions?

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Brandon, 

Try the steps below, 
  • Create a new project
  • Include ‘reports’ or more specifically the report folders you are concerned with
  • Let Eclipse refresh the project with the reports metadata
  • In Eclipse, navigate to the reports folder you just download and then select the Report Folder you want the reports you want to move from, right click and select Properties
  • Take Note of the Location. This is the path where the metadata files are located
  • Open a windows explorer window and navigate to that path
  • Highlight all the Reports you want to move and right click Cut
  • Still in the Window explorer navigate back to the list of report folder and expand the one you want to move the reports to and right click and Paste
  • Now back in the IDE highlight the folder titled Reports and right click and Refresh and then right click again and Force.com>Save to Server

Regards,
Ashish
BrandonLBrandonL
Hello, Thanks for your reply. The steps you described are exactly what I am doing from the beginning of the thread. It does work for the sandbox region, not production.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Brandon, 

We cannot edit any metadata directly in production. 

You have to make the changes in Sandbox then deploy it to the production server you may use change sets. 

The demo in teh below link might help, 

http://www.oyecode.com/2012/07/how-to-deploy-salesforce-apex-code-to.html

Regards,
Ashish

Meredith FayMeredith Fay
Brandon,
I know this is an old post, but were you able to resolve this? I am now running into the exact same issue, despite having been able to do this successfully in production just a couple of weeks ago.
These are the instructions I'm following: http://youraveragesalesforceadmin.blogspot.com/2011/05/mass-moving-reports-from-one-folder-to.html
Thanks,
Meredith
Meredith FayMeredith Fay
Never mind; I installed an update to Eclipse and the issue resolved itself.
Steve_WSteve_W
I was having a similar issue this week. Try the Deploy to Server command instead of the Save to Server. The Deployment wizard returned error messages that helped my track down my issue where as the Save to Server did not. I also upgraded my Eclipse install as per Meridith's suggestion.
Chad.PfrommerChad.Pfrommer
I know this is an old post, but I'm running into this same "Unsupported currency" issue and upgrading Eclipse and/or the Force.com IDE plugin isn't a solution.

I'm moving a few hundred reports by moving the report metadate files (locally) to the desired folder and then doing a "Save to Server".  A large number of reports are successfully moved, however any report with a <currency> element in the metadata xml gives me the "Save error: currency: Unsupported currency: USD" error (or GBP, or EUR).

"Deploy to Server" didn't give me any extra helpful info.

I was planning on contacting Salesforce directly but figured I'd add on to this thread as well since my searching brought me here.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them.  I'll also report back if I get any info from Salesforce.