function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tomektomek 

Why access rights to custom object in standard profile are read only?

Guys

I need help. I try to add New custom object to one app user profile. Of course it possible but because it is standard profile, I can’t modify it so checkboxes like read, write, modify all for custom object are read only.  Because of that user with this profile can’t see that object. Any suggestions or workaround?  

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi,

No. We cannot change the CRUD permissions of any Custom Objects in the Standard Profiles.

We need to clone the Standard Profile to create a Custom Profile where we can proceed with our changes.

Salesforce Standard Profile "System Administrators" will have full access to all custom objects, but othe standard profiles will not.

Please mark this post as solved, if it helps you.

Regards,

Bharathi

Salesforce For All

tomektomek

Thanks for your reply.
I am aware of what you wrote, so maybe I should ask question about possibility to clone standard profile in force.com One App, to do these changes? If it is no possible, how standard user can access to custom objects?

Regards

Tomek

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi Tomek,

yes, we can clone the Standard Profile and define our own CRUD access on Custom Objects.

We cannot open access to Custom Objects in standard Profiles.

Not sure about One App, is that a force.com package?

Regards,

Bharathi

Salesforce For All

Mark this post as solved, if it helps you

tomektomek

Hi Bharathi

Yes force.com One App is a simplest version of the platform. You can create there one application and till ten custom objects within it. Maybe you can give me advise who for sure knows, is it possible. I mean cloning standard profiles in this package.

Regards

Tomek